Commercial Multi-Line Underwriter/Broker
Location: United States
Commercial Multi-Line Underwriter/Broker - Remote - US - Texas
Applicant must live in, or be willing to relocate to, the state of Texas.
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Multi-Line Underwriter/Broker with existing retail agency relationships to help expand our presence in the Texas and Oklahoma territories. This is a hybrid production role, responsible for Underwriting for our contract binding markets and brokering large or difficult to place accounts with our carriers. This is a great opportunity to be part of a small but rapidly growing and dynamic team of experienced and dedicated Underwriters.
Equity Partners Insurance Services, Inc. was founded in 2002 and built from the ground up as an independently-owned, wholesale and surplus lines insurance broker. It all started with a small office in Mandeville, Louisiana and has expanded into the states of Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas. As EPIS grew, so did our reputation as a consistent, growing presence and recognized leader in the insurance industry. By joining One80 Intermediaries in 2021, Equity Partners is now able to provide even better capabilities and deep industry knowledge with our clients.
- Underwrite / Broker business for insurance companies and partners under general direction of partner and internal guidelines
- Oversee the evaluation, classification, and rating of risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing
- Implement underwriting policies under the direction of the Management and ensure compliance with these policies
- Monitor critical areas, such as loss ratio, costs, retention ratio and new business hit ratio, formulating corrective action where necessary
- Participate in national and local advertising, telemarketing, and agency visits/sales calls to our customers
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 5+ Years of underwriting experience, excess & surplus MGA/Wholesale experience in a Production role
- Strong sales and marketing skills a must, business acumen, interest in continued education, and professional development
- Strong computer skills and ability to work with multi-faceted systems
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of UW Concepts, practices, and procedures
- Insurance license, CPCU, CIC or comparable designations preferred
One80 Intermediaries offers market leading access to all major insurance markets in the US, UK and Canada, as well as exclusive programs and in-house binding authority for property & casualty, financial lines, personal lines, life insurance, medical stop loss risks, travel/accident and health, affinity business and warranty coverage.
One80 serves commercial companies, non-profits, public entities, associations, unions and individual risks. With offices over 50 locations throughout the US and Canada, and more 1,600 employees One80 is the fastest growing specialty insurance brokerage in North America.
Risk Strategies Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.